Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Performing Part 1a - Music City Cafe, Damascus

So I decided at the last minute to hit the Music City Cafe open mic last night with my wonderfully tolerant fiancee. Initially we were attempting to make a tape of the pre-performance routine so I could attach it to the text version we put together yesterday, but that all went down the pan when we couldn't find a well enough lit place to film me getting ready except right in front of the band who was performing.

We did capture the performance, but you all don't need to see that! All I have to say is that straight mic stands are the devil. It may or may not get used as part of this video, if the ever gets finished. We shall see.

Overall though the Music City Cafe is a very cool little place with LPs all over the wall and a whole bunch of musical memorobilia. I haven't hit many open mics in a while but the crowd was very receptive and the standard of performers was better than I have seen in a while. I feel slightly guilty for leaving a little eary, particularly as we had to run during the performance of one of my better cheerleaders but I will try and stop by again next week with a little more time to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment